MICROSCOPE CLEANING, SERVICE AND REPAIR Within THE STATE OF TEXAS.
General Service includes but is not limited to:
- Inspection of your microscope to determine if other issues are present that cleaning would not correct
- Cleaning of all external surfaces
- Inspection of mechanicals to proper function and cleaning and relubrication of exposed bearing and travel ways of x-y-z moving parts.
- Inspection and Cleaning of light sources, filters, filter cube (where applicable), objectives and condensers, and readjustment as necessary.
- Full inspection of the assembled microscope with adjustments and re-alignments made where necessary
- Koehler illumination is performed to assure highest image quality using a suitable slide
Most bench microscopes can be serviced in one hour.
Charges include local trip charge for the San Antonio, TX area only. If outside this area, please contact us with your requirements, and we can provide pricing information for your project. The initial charge is $160.00 for the first hour. Should additional time be required this would be discussed with the customer for approval. Additional time is billed at $75.00 per 1/2 hour. Any repair parts are extra.
Upon inspection, the service engineer will discuss with the customer any parts that should be replaced and how these parts are affecting performance of their instrument. Minor repairs that can be accomplished during the cleaning can be carried out at no additional charge.
Focused Microscope Repair can offer several service solutions to meet your needs in addition to general cleaning.
Microscope Overhaul – This is limited to bench microscope and stereomicroscopes without internal electronic control mechanisms. The later microscopes are very manufacturer specific and we recommend overhaul of these instruments are best performed by a factory representative
Assessment of your instrument can be made on your site. Please contact us for scheduling and evaluation charges.
Onsite Servicing – We provide 3 types of on-site visits to your premises to service and or repair a microscope or accessory:
Pre-Scheduled visit — Service by our engineer when next scheduled to be in the area. One of our popular options is that cost of travelling and travel time are amortized among other scheduled clients.
Unscheduled or Emergency Service — This type of situation usually results from an unexpected problem. Typically we cannot address the issue the day of the event, however we will make every effort to adjust our work schedule to accommodate you in a timely manner. For this service, pricing will include travel expenses and travel time charges.
Yearly microscope service — FMR can tailor a yearly service contract to help you reduce any downtime and keep your microscopes performing as required. Please contact us to discuss your needs.
We can work together to get your microscopes back to best operating performance. Let us show you what you might be missing.
Focused Microscope Repair is a registered HUB for the state of Texas.